starting September 27th, 2005
Ukrainian born soprano made her first stage appearance at the age of six. She studied the Russian folk instrument Domra and Piano and sang in her mother's vocal ensemble, performing various repertoire from folk songs to classical compositions. She studied at the Tchaikowsky State Conservatory, where she made her operatic debut as Euridice in Gluck's "Orfeo" and as Tatiana in Tchaikowsky' s "Eugene Onegin". Then followed two years at the Manhattan School of Music in New York, where she performed numerous recitals including the famous Steinway Hall.
Oxana Arkaeva is a winner of such renowned international Competition as a.o.
1. Prize at the "Operalia - 94", World Opera Competition in Mexico - City.
2. Prize at the "Olga Koussewitzky Singing Contest", New York, USA
2. Prize at the "S´Hertogenbosch" International Vocal Competition, Netherlands
2. Prize "XXII Academia di perfezionamento di arte vocale", Italy
Beginning with a repertoire of lirico-coloratura soprano Oxana Arkaeva performed with companies of:
Puccini's "La Bohème" under the button of Daniel Oren. She also sung this role with opera companies in Frankfurt and in Leipzig (conducted by Michael Jurowsky), Gemany.
Zürich Opera house, first as a member of the international opera studio, then as "gast" in U. Giordanos opera "La cena delle beffe", conducted by Bruno Bartoletti and staged by Liliana CavaniKennedy Opera Centre in Washington DC, USA, singing the part of "Musetta" in G. .
As soloist of the opera ensemble at Stadttheater in St. Gallen, Switzerland, Oxana Arkaeva sung there a. o. the part of "Adina" in "L' elisir d' amore" by G. Donizetti and then she successfully performed this role at the Royal Opera house Copenhagen, Denmark and at the Frankfurt Opera house in Germany.
Being a member of the opera ensemble at the Frankfurt Opera , where she stayed for about five years, Oxana Arkaeva began to enlarge the range of her opera roles by singing parts of lirico - and lirico-spinto repertoire including:
"Rosella" in A. P. Tasca's forgotten opera "A Santa Lucia" at the Theatre Erfurt, Germany.
"Tatiana" in Tchaikowskijs "Eugen Onegin", first as a "cover" at the Nederland’s Opera in Amsterdam, then singing at the production of the Opera house in Graz, Austria.
"Elisabetta" in G. Verdi’s "Don Carlos" and Cio Cio San in G. Puccini’s "Madama Butterfly" with Theatre in Hof, in Bavaria,
Concert appearances at:
Niedersächsische Musiktage, Hannover, Germany ("Stabat Mater" by A. Dvorak)
Paros Summer Music Festival, Greece
"Zollverein", Essen, ("Requiem" by G. Verdi)
"Gasteig" (concertanto "Le Vin herbé" by F. Martin), München
"WDR" and Pilharmonie in Köln, Germany
"Concergebouw", Amsterdam (concertanto "Turandot" by F. Busoni" conducted by Mark Albrecht)
"Vredenburg", Utrecht, Netherlands working with "Niew Ensemble" from Amsterdam.
"Tonhalle", Zürich, Switzerland ("Missa solemnis" by L. v. Beethoven)
"Attatürk Cultural Centre", Istanbul, Turkey ("Summer night in Knoxville 1915" by S. Barber conducted by George Hanson)
"Festival Radio France", Montpellier, France
"Cientro Consolidado", Caracas, Venezuela
"Steinway Hall" and "YWCA", New York, USA
During the season 2003-2004 Oxana Arkaeva perfomed roles of Antonia in Offenbach's "Tales of Hoffman", Fox in Janacek's "Das schlaue Füchslein" and Lisa in "Pique Dame" by P. I. Tchaikowsky as a member of the ensemble of the Saarländisches Staatstheater in Saarbrücken, Germany.
Her recent engagements include roles of Berthé in G. Meyerbeer's opera "Le Prophète" at the opera house in Münster, Jitka in B. Smetana' s opera "Dalibor" in Saarbrücken. In the season 2005/2006 she will sing parts of Elisabetta in G. Verdi’s “Don Carlos”, Chrysothemis in “Elektra” by, R. Strauss, Donna Elvira in “Don Giovanni” by W. A. Mozart and Jenny in “Aufstieg und Fall der Stadt Mahagonny” by K. Wheil in opera house in Saarbrücken.
- Cio Cio San "Madama Butterfly" G. Puccini
- Elisabetta di Valois "Don Carlos" G. Verdi
- Violetta "La Traviata" G. Verdi
- Lisabetta "La cena delle beffe" U. Giordano
- Berthè "Le Prophète" G. Meyerbeer
- Antonia "Les contes d´Hoffman" J. Offenbach
- Lisa "Pique Dame" P. I. Tchaikowsky
- Tatiana "Eugene Onegin" P. I. Tchaikowsky
- Contessa "Le Nozze diFigaro" W. A. Mozart
- Jitka "Dalibor" B. Smetana
- Fox "Littel cunning Vixen" l. Jancek
- Iseut la Blonde "Le Vin herbé" F. Martin
- Helène "Hin und Zurück" P. Hindemith
- Die erste Bajadere "Das Nuscvh-Nuschi" P. Hindemith
- Sa Femme "Le pauvre Matelot" D. Milhaud
- Ms. P "The man who mistook
- his wife for a Hat" M Nyman
- Bubikopf "Der Kaiser von Atlantis" V. Ullmann
- Tschen "Madame la Pest" G. Stäbler
- Könnigin Mutter "Turandot" F. Busoni
- Frau Fluth "Di lustige Weiber
- von Windsor" O. Nicolai
- Hanna Glavary "Die lustige Witwe" F. Lehàr
- Euridice/Venus "Orfee aux Enferes" J. Offenbach
- Felice (sung in german) "Di vier Grobiane" A. Wolf-Ferrari
- Norina "Don Pasquale" G. Donizetti
- Mimi "La Bohème" G. Puccini
- Maddalena "Andrea Chenièr" U. Giordano
- Jenny "Aufstieg und Fall
- der Stadt Mahagonny" K. Weil
- Chrysothemis "Elektra" R. Strauss
- Donna Elvira "Don Giovanni" W. A. Mozart